To empower you to tell your own story, we accept a variety of submission types. Upload a video, podcast, written piece or image. Your submission can be just as unique as you are! Showcase your own deep, moving, and complex interaction with disability to spark the same in others!
Need some ideas? Here’s a topic to consider (though feel free to talk about anything else!):
Education. For many of us, this means “school;” but it could be lots of other things too, from tinkering with tools, to Saturday art classes, to working with an OT or behavioral aide, to learning online or in video games. It all counts, and we want to hear about your experiences.
- What is it like being a student with a disability in your school? Or being a teacher with a disability?
- Are you a parent of a child in an inclusive school? What is that experience like? What do you wish could be different?
- Describe a moment when your educational community was challenged to address issues of difference and ability.
- How have you found spaces and places to learn what you (or your child, or your students) want to know?
- If you could design an educational experience to better serve people with disabilities, what would it look like?
Here is where you can share your story with us – and the world. When submitting your stories and images to THE MAGIC CHAIR please consider what your goals are for sharing. There may be multiple answers to this – to share a lesson learned, to point out a problem in society, to highlight a memorable moment, etc. – and we simply ask you to be respectful when sharing the details of yours and others’ lives. Your stories and images can be critical, but we ask that you try to make them constructive. THE MAGIC CHAIR is a safe place where you can honestly talk about your situation in the world.